2010 is coming to an end, wow... I can't believe this year is ending and I can remember exactly a year back when i was thinking about how this year will turn out. "I feel in it my balls," my friends and I were saying, of course an optimistic feel that ended up giving us the confidence to be strong throughout the year ...And it work out for the most part. I did some things that I've never done before in 2010. I'm now in a relationship with my beautiful girlfriend Shari and we're 9 months in. This is new for me and it feels great to carry our relationship into the new year. She's black and this is where some of my troubles have came into play. My mother, a very Italian and traditional woman is still trying to come around to it, that I love this girl, she is a big part of my life now, and that I may very well end up marrying her. Shari has yet to meet my whole family, and well I wouldn't blame her for being hesitant in doing so. That's a story in itself.
I have also found out that history has repeated itself during the year 2010. School hasn't really changed. I have been lazy in my work, and I honestly thought that would change. I want to finish up and see school through to the end though. I also got myself into an apartment with a good friend of mine, but I don't have the money I thought I did when I first found this house in New Brunswick. I love the life I've lived in New Brunswick, but I may have to face the music, and listen to what that saying, "The party's over." So I'm on a job hunt now, trying to redeem myself from the mistakes I've made in 2010, and I'm gonna see things through this time around. 2010 has shown to me that like previous years, although I make some small changes in my life, I still wasn't as dedicated as I should have been. As you may guess, my New Year's Resolution is to see things through to the end, what I engage in. My girl just got me running shoes for Christmas and that was probably the best gift yet, cuz this me no excuse for running and working out at the gym. Along with that, I will write, stay strong emotionally, and make 2011 a year to remember. Although I'm turning 21 real soon, I'll make the partying short and sweet. I'm young, I have to enjoy myself once in a while, but I'm must be smart and be dedicated all year long.
2010 coming to an end..??? That's crazy... I hope 2011 can provide better memories and fulfills as a extraordinary and monumental year for me. Happy New Year's everyone, and be safe!!
Great words Mike! I agree laziness is the demon on the back of virtue and it's all bodily desire! The mind never gets lazy or tired. A true philosopher abandons the bodily senses and lives in independent contemplation. Do as you wish but don't let the bodily desires interfere with the soul's journey. Start rewarding your self after the job is done and you'll get into a better habit. Ultimately, we all just gotta say "No" as our mine wonders. This is an exercise used in the Zen Buddhist Koan. Whenever that demon of a thought arrives, just bring up the answer "No". We never say this as the bodily thoughts takes over and yet the word "No" has so much power in the human language. No means No! Try it.
ReplyDeleteHah, interesting comment. I have to agree with you on that premise you are putting forth. Saying "No" to the demonic notions is definitely a start to the process. It also would solve most problems. I'm really looking forward to the answer of dedication and how to see things through. I've been distracted lately, and with the help of "No" and then foreseeing the end goal would get me there. The dilemma lies in the foreseeing, and the ends aren't always seen half way through the event. My resolution for the new year is to finish what i start, have the right dedication going forth, and to never loose that drive. A good start to a new year would ya agree?
ReplyDelete